Frequently Asked Questions
What is “Give to the Lord”?
“Give to the Lord” is a website that receives donations in the form of tithes, offerings and gifts on behalf of the Central Jamaica Conference of Seventh-day Adventists (CJC) and its local churches.What methods of payment does the website facilitate?
You will be able to use your Master and Visa Credit/Debit Card to make payments through the “Give to the Lord” website.Will I be able to give directly to my local church?
You will be able to select your local church name from a list. Funds collected on behalf of each church will be remitted to that church’s account on a weekly basis.What are the options available for me to give?
The options available for giving will mirror the options on the printed tithe envelope as follows:
- 1. Tithe - The Lord's portion
- 2. Covenant Offering - Used for location church expenses and world mission
- 3. Church Building - Used for church building expenses in your local church
- 4. Ingathering – The official fund-raising programme of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. This fund is used exclusively for welfare ministry.
- 5. Sabbath School Offering - For Sabbath School expenses
- 6. ADRA - Give to Adventist Development and Relief Agency
- 7. WHEEL - The welfare program of Central Jamaica Conference
- 8. Alta Vista Children's Home - First Adventist owned and operated Children's Home in Jamaica
- 9. Other - Any other donation type not listed.
If you do not see an option for giving listed, you can select ‘Other’ and use the ‘Note’ textbox to explain what your giving is for.Will I get a receipt for my donation?
Yes. As soon as your payment is made, you will be redirected to a ‘Receipt’ page. You can print this page for your records. You will also receive an ‘Email’ receipt of your contributions.What are the steps to be taken when giving on the website?
You can give online by taking these simple steps:
- Step 1. REGISTER/LOGIN: If you are using the website for the first time, you will need to REGISTER, using a valid email address and password. Once registered, you should then LOGIN, using your email and password by clicking on the LOGIN button at the top right-hand corner.
- Step 2. START GIVING: Click on the ‘GIVE NOW’ button at the top to start the giving process.
- Step 3. SELECT YOUR CHURCH: You will be prompted to select the Church to which you wish to make this contribution. If your donation is directly for the Central Jamaica Conference, you can select it in the list. Then click ‘Add Items to Envelope’
- Step 4. ADD DONATIONS: You will be directed to a page where you can select your donation options.
- a. Click ‘Start Adding’ Button.
- b. Select the first item from the dropdown list
- c. Enter the amount for that item
- d. Type a ‘Note’ if necessary
- e. Click ‘Add’ button
- f. Repeat the steps for adding other items.
- Step 5. MAKE PAYMENT: Once items are added, Click the ‘Give Now’ button. Enter the following information from your Credit/Debit Card:
- a. Credit Card Number
- b. Expiry Date
- c. Security Code
- d. Click ‘Confirm Payment.’
- Step 6. VIEW AND STORE RECEIPT: You will be redirected to a ‘Receipt’ page and will also receive a receipt by email.
Once you are logged in, you can view your receipts by clicking on your name at the top right-hand corner, then clicking ‘My Receipts’. There, you will be able to see a listing of all your envelopes/payments made. You can view the details of each receipt by clicking on the icon to the right of the receipt that you wish to view.How secure is my credit card information?
The “Give to the Lord” website does not store your Credit Card Information. Storage of your Credit Card and Payments are facilitated through a Gateway Provider, First Atlantic Commerce, which provides online payment solutions and international credit card processing for merchants, banks, and partners all over the world.